- I left my favorite pair of underwear at your house. I know your mother hates me, can I come pick them up?
- It’s been almost a month and I still miss you like a fucking limb.
- I didn’t know my bones could ache until I met you.
- You know, a week before we broke up, do you remember? I had bought a book of poetry. You asked why I didn’t read something more interesting and I could feel my insides splinter.
- You said poetry was all lies dressed up to sound pretty. When I look at you these days, I want to ask if sadness sounds pretty to you too.
- It’s 3 a.m. and this alcohol tastes like you.
- I saw you staring at me today during Lit class. I smiled at you and you didn’t smile back. I almost cried.
- The girl who sits next to me smells like you.
- I miss you.
- I have never had so many bad nights.
- Sometimes I write poetry about you on the internet. Strangers who have never met either of us think you’re cruel – they tell me if they had the honor of loving me, we’d have sex three times a day and they’d scream my name when they came.
- They think it is beautiful, how I am broken. I don’t think they understand.
- You used to tell me I was beautiful. I tried saying it in the mirror the other day, but it sounded wrong without your mouth wrapped around it.
- Everything I say sounds wrong without your mouth wrapped around it.
- We were never in love, but, oh God, we could have been.
If someone can be kicked out of school for copying a paper, a person should be kicked out of school for raping another human being.
I doubt I will ever stop playing dress up.
i still pretend that you love me.
she smells like cherries
the first ones of the season
nine dollars for a small plastic carton
made only to help a landfill inch taller
the stain I find on my lips
still tastes like her heart racing
when I leaned in a little bit closer
all I can think about is
the slight part of her lips
brushing against mine
You’ll always be my favorite what-if.
11. photography makes you immensely joyful, perhaps more so than writing. your camera is waiting for you when you are ready to find your creative voice again.